Viper Innovations Ltd provide innovative high-end engineering products and service solutions for the Global Subsea Oil & Gas and UK Rail Industries. With our passion for product and service development this is an exciting time to join us and working within a dedicated and dynamic customer focused team you will be encouraged and rewarded for your contribution to the future success of the company.
We are currently seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer based at our Portishead site to support the company’s product development. Which include but are not limited to:
- Undertake the definition, development, testing and modification of software products in support of the company’s research and development activities and commercial deliveries.
- Provide support and mentoring to other Software Developers and Engineers.
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company procedures. Guide best practices in technical documentation for the team.
The successful candidate will have strong programming skills in C, C++ and Python. Extensive and continuous hand-on experience of software design, development, maintenance, debug and testing of ARM microprocessors and STM32 microcontrollers. Competent with embedded operating systems preferably Linux / UNIX. Detailed knowledge of relevant software design, coding, and quality standards. Embedded application development for high reliability and high availability systems. Usage of and firmware application development for communication interfaces including Ethernet, RS485, RS232, CAN, LCD.
Other preferred skills can include:
- Usage of microcontroller peripherals for data acquisition and control for example: USB, I2C, SPI, UART, DMA, I2S, ADC, DAC.
- Familiarity with RTOS families.
- Understanding and usage of communication protocols including TCP/IP, Modbus RTU / TCP.
- Understanding and usage of IoT communication protocols including MQTT.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn next gen wireless protocols like LoraWAN, BlueTooth, and Near Field Communications (NFC).
- Working experience with embedded, IoT and cloud cybersecurity.
- Familiarity with networking, IoT, and cellular infrastructures.
- Experience working with digital electronics and data acquisition.
- Experience working with distributed revision control systems preferably Git.
- Experience working with issue tracking preferably JIRA.
In return we can offer a competitive salary, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, private medical healthcare scheme, contributory pension scheme and profit related bonus.
Click here to apply