V-SUPPLY is unique in enabling subsea electrical circuits to be tested with no wiring disconnects.
V-SUPPLY provides a stable and reliable source of electrical power to subsea equipment and incorporates state-of-the-art monitoring technology.
The development of the V-SUPPLY has been driven by a growing obsolescence issue that is being faced by a number of operators and the need for more advanced condition monitoring of subsea electrical systems. Not only does V-SUPPLY provide the latest control and monitoring technology, it will deliver improved safety performance and cost savings for operators as it provides remote umbilical testing without the need for technicians to be mobilised offshore. The remote testing capability is a novel technology proprietary to Viper Innovations.
V-SUPPLY incorporates the V-LIM line integrity monitoring functionality, and also the proprietary Insulation Resistance recovery technique of V-LIFE, which can be easily activated through a software licence.
V-SUPPLY is designed to be compatible with both brownfield installations and greenfield developments and offers a touch screen display as a user interface. Optional electrical supply conditioning provides precise voltage control and variable frequency of output supply. With administrator rights, the onshore engineer can remotely change the subsea supplies and monitor parameters such as transient faults and harmonic distortion.
- Advanced Patented testing technology
- Advanced condition monitoring
- Multiple measurement parameters
- Line Insulation Resistance
- Line Insulation Capacitance
- Line Voltage, Current & Frequency
- Power Factor and Real RMS Power
- Current Harmonics
- Voltage Harmonics
- Remote Access and Control (Ethernet and RS485 Modbus)
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) Touch Panel Display
- Supply Conditioning – cleaning of harmonics (optional)
- V-LIFE Ready
- V-IR Ready
- 6 months data storage
- Unique patented features enable external IR, alarm, TDR, umbilical discharge, live line voltage and loop continuity tests, with no wiring disconnects
- Improved reporting and data logging of electrical events with network enabled access for data recovery and control
- Incorporates V-LIFE technology, which can be enabled through a software licence
- Incorporates V-IR technology, allowing for upgrade of the subsea system to include V-SLIMs for distributed fault finding
Key Electrical Interfaces:
- Input Power Supply:
- 110V or 230V AC Input Voltage
- Output Power Supply:
- 0-690V AC Adjustable Voltage
- Programmable output frequency: 50Hz, 60Hz and 400Hz2
- Continuous line current up to 10A
- BS EN 61010
- BS EN 61326-1
- IEC 61558-1
For the comprehensive product specification please refer to the product datasheet resource.
- Please contact us to discuss your specific project requirements.