Recover the Electrical Integrity of Subsea Circuits.
V-LIFE is a preventative and active ‘healing’ solution for low insulation resistance caused by water ingress.
The most common cause of subsea electrical failures is the ingress of water into the cable insulation, which decreases the IR and may produce short circuits or leakage to earth. These faults often lead to loss of power and/or communications to subsea equipment and have the potential to halt production from subsea wells.
Discover how V-LIFE was used to keep the lights on in our case study.
Increases IR Without Subsea Intervention.
Recovers Multiple IR Failures Throughout The System.
Extends The Life of Failing Umbilicals and Electrical Distribution Equipment.
‘Buys Time’ Whilst a New Umbilical Is Procured.
Used As An Alternative to Installing New, Costly and Long-Lead Time Umbilicals.
Used To Delay Early Field Abandonment.
The V-LIFE effect is achieved by the application of a low voltage passivation signal to the faulty line which through an electro-kinetic and electrochemical process generates and sustains a solid precipitate at, and only at, the location or locations in the subsea circuit where seawater has ingressed.
The precipitate produced is electrically insulating and its propagation at the source of the fault results in an increase in the Insulation Resistance of the circuit often by more than 100x. V-LIFE is currently implemented on control systems supplied by six different OEMs. Widely used by 30 operators globally, V-LIFE is the leading alternative to subsea interventions.
- Winner of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2016
- Winner of the Technology Innovation of the Year category at the National Private Business Awards 2014
- Winner of the Subsea UK 2014 Innovation Award.
- V-LIFE is enabled on a V-LIM.
- A range of standard interface panels and cable harnesses are available for retrofit V-LIM applications in all major SPCS vendor Electrical Power Unit (EPU) cabinets.
- A portable peli-case solution is available for temporary V-LIM installations outside the EPD cabinet if required.
Please complete the V-LIFE product questionnaire under the resources tab and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to allow us to provide a tailored quotation to match your specific project requirements.
Get In Touch.
To find out more about V-LIFE, how it works, its features and the benefits it provides, get in touch today.