Electrical Power Distribution Integrity Monitoring.
CableGuardian Receives Full Product Acceptance.
CableGuardian has successfully received product approval by Network Rail and is available for order across all Network Rail regions. The award-winning product is the only cable monitoring system that offers adherence to Tier 3, Tier 2 & Tier 1 of the Network Rail standard NR/L2/SIGELP/27725 – Insulation Monitoring and Fault Location Systems for use on Signalling Power Systems. Read more about our five year research and development programme and collaboration with Network Rail in our full press release.
Proactive Monitoring, Detection and Location of Faults On Live Power Networks.
CableGuardian is the first platform to offer proactive monitoring, detection and location of both insulator and conductor faults on live low voltage unearthed power distribution systems. This award-winning product encompasses proven technology with extensive industrial heritage in challenging environments to provide a distributed and intelligent cable infrastructure health monitoring system for various electrical industries.
Award Winning Product.
CABLEGUARDIAN is an award winning product developed by VIPER INNOVATIONS, which brings together insulation resistance monitoring and conductor monitoring technologies into a single platform to enable continuous monitoring, fault diagnosis and location on live electrical systems.
Proactive Monitoring, Detection and Location.
It is the only product to offer proactive monitoring, detection and location of both insulator and conductor faults on live signalling power systems as specified in Network Rail specification NR/L2/SIGELP/27725.
Reduce Manual Fault-finding.
This unique product provides continuous monitoring of live signalling power supply systems at a cable section level without the need to power down the system, reducing the need for manual trackside fault-finding, reducing maintenance costs and ‘boots on ballast’.
No More Periodic Testing.
CableGuardian is the technological alternative to the 5 yearly manual cable testing requirement NR/L2/SIGELP/50000. Empowering the rail industry to move from the uncertainty of periodic testing, to a real-time condition based approach.
Key Electrical Interfaces:
- Input Power Supply (wiring options):
- 110V AC 47/63Hz “domestic supply”
- 230V AC 47/63Hz “domestic supply”
- Direct from Line Supply being monitored
- Line Supply Conditions:
- Voltage: 350V to 690Vac
- Frequency: 47Hz to 63Hz
- Power Consumption: 25W typical 30W maximum
- Earth Connections: Functional Earth via connector No Protective Earth required
Key Product Standards:
- Safety: IEC 61140:
- Protection Class II
- BS EN 61010-1:
- Overvoltage Category III (110/230V Mains & 690V1 Line)
- Pollution degree 2
- BS EN 61010-2-030:
- Measurement Category III
- Electro-Magnetic Compatibility:
- In accordance with BS EN 50121-5, BS EN 61326-1 & BS EN 61326-2-4
- Insulation Monitoring Device:
- IEC 61557-1 IEC 61557-8
- Network Rail:
For the comprehensive product specification please refer to the product datasheet resource.
- Item typically available ex-stock from Viper Portishead address.
- Stocked Part Number – VA-223619
- A range of standard interface panels and cable harnesses are available for retrofit applications in all major SPCS vendor Electrical Power Unit (EPU) cabinets.
- Please complete the V-LIM product questionnaire under the resources tab and email to email@example.com to allow us to provide a tailored quotation to match your specific project requirements
Book a Demo.
To find out more about CableGuardian, how it works, its features and the benefits it provides, get in touch and book a demo today.