Proactive Monitoring, Detection and Location of Faults On Live Power Networks.
The first platform to offer proactive monitoring, detection and location of both insulator and conductor faults on live low voltage unearthed power distribution systems. CableGuardian encompasses proven technology with extensive industrial heritage in challenging environments to provide a distributed and intelligent cable infrastructure health monitoring system for various electrical industries.
Our In Depth Guide to CableGuardian.
CABLEGUARDIAN is an award winning product developed by VIPER INNOVATIONS, which brings together insulation resistance monitoring and conductor monitoring technologies into a single platform to enable continuous monitoring, fault diagnosis and location on live electrical systems.
We have supplied an array of different resources, each designed to give some background and hopefully answer the important questions you have about the product.
CableGuardian is the only product to offer proactive monitoring, detection and location of both insulator and conductor faults on live signalling power systems as specified in Network Rail specification NR/L2/SIGELP/27725.
This unique product provides continuous monitoring of live signalling power supply systems at a cable section level without the need to power down the system, reducing the need for manual trackside fault-finding, reducing maintenance costs and ‘boots on ballast’.
CableGuardian is the technological alternative to the 5 yearly manual cable testing requirement NR/L2/SIGELP/50000. Empowering the rail industry to move from the uncertainty of periodic testing, to a real-time condition based approach.
The CableGuardian Web Portal.
Results and information from the analytics package are made available via the CableGuardian web portal which is accessible from any internet connected device using the necessary secure login information. The portal has an intuitive user interface – results can be seen at a glance and historic trends of integrity data can be easily produced by the user. The portal is also designed to be fully compatible with the Network Rail Intelligent Infrastructure.
Fault alert & escalation process.
During a fault event alarms can be sent to users via configurable notification options, including the web portal, email, SMS text message and automated telephone voice message.
- Monitors core to earth insulation resistance health at a sub-network cable section level
- Monitors for core to core short and open circuit faults and locates to accuracy within 2% of cable length
- Configurable for Tier 3, 2 & 1 monitoring i.a.w Network Rail NR/L2/SIGELP/27725
- User friendly cloud hosted portal interface accessible via any device with a web browser
- Input power can be from domestic supply or from line being monitored
- All units are interchangeable – no master slave relationships for maximum redundancy
- Robust communications options available including network agnostic cellular mobile, Ethernet and fibre optic.
- Fully compatible with Network Rail Intelligent Infrastructure for Tier 3, 2 & 1 monitoring
- Fewer boots on ballast fault finding and cable testing
- Quickly and accurately locate cable faults and cable theft
- User friendly web portal for fault diagnosis and location
- Analytics facilitate proactive rather than reactive maintenance
- Permits a move from a frequency based inspection regime to one driven by actual asset condition and performance
- Reducing risks to trackside personnel and the general public
Key Electrical Interfaces:
- Input Power Supply (wiring options):
- 110V AC 47/63Hz “domestic supply”
- 230V AC 47/63Hz “domestic supply”
- Direct from Line Supply being monitored
- Line Supply Conditions:
- Voltage: 350V to 690Vac
- Frequency: 47Hz to 63Hz
- Power Consumption: 25W typical 30W maximum
- Earth Connections: Functional Earth via connector No Protective Earth required
Key Product Standards:
- Safety: IEC 61140:
- Protection Class II
- BS EN 61010-1:
- Overvoltage Category III (110/230V Mains & 690V1 Line)
- Pollution degree 2
- BS EN 61010-2-030:
- Measurement Category III
- Electro-Magnetic Compatibility:
- In accordance with BS EN 50121-5, BS EN 61326-1 & BS EN 61326-2-4
- Insulation Monitoring Device:
- IEC 61557-1 IEC 61557-8
- Network Rail:
For the comprehensive product specification please refer to the product datasheet resource.
- Item typically available ex-stock from Viper Portishead address.
- Stocked Part Number – VA-223619
- A range of standard interface panels and cable harnesses are available for retrofit applications in all major SPCS vendor Electrical Power Unit (EPU) cabinets.
- Please complete the V-LIM product questionnaire under the resources tab and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to allow us to provide a tailored quotation to match your specific project requirements